Ricotta and Herb Stuffed Breast of Chicken
Chicken Recipes | Easy Recipes | Healthy Recipes | Serves 6 | 30 Mins
6 x chicken supreme – skin on
12 tbsp ricotta cheese or herb cream cheese
6 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 ½ tbsp finely grated zest of lemon
3 tbsp chopped fresh mixed herbs – e.g. tarragon, parsley, mint, chives
6 bunches of cherry vine tomatoes, on their stalks
9 tbsp olive oil
3 shallot, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
500g broad beans boiled for 3 minutes and slipped out of their skins or 500g tinned flageolet beans
1. Preheat the oven to 2000C/ Fan oven 1800C/ gas mark 6.
2. Make up the ricotta mixture: Mix the ricotta, Parmesan, lemon zest and herbs together and season well with salt and finely ground black pepper.
3. Loosen the skin on the supreme and carefully insert the cheese mixture (a piping bag is useful for this). Spread over the chicken breast.
4. Pat the skin dry and season with salt and pepper. Heat a little oil in a frying pan. Brown the chicken skin side down in the pan until a good golden brown colour. Turn the chicken breasts over and continue to cook for a couple of minutes. You may need to brown the meat in batches to achieve a good colour. Transfer to the oven to finish cooking for around 15 minutes.
5. Place the cherry vine tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the same oven and cook for 5 minutes until the skins are slightly shrivelled.
6. Put 4 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and gently cook the shallots for 5-7 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute before adding the thyme. Add the beans and stir over the heat to heat through and flavour them.
7. To serve: Spoon the beans onto the serving plates and place the chicken on top. Place the cherry tomatoes beside them.
Chicken Recipes | Easy Recipes | Serves 4 (2 as a main) | Prep: 10 Mins | Cooking: 20 Mins
Chicken Recipes | Serves 4 | Intermediate Recipes | Prep: 20 Mins | Cooking: 50 Mins
Chicken Recipes | Healthy Recipes | Serves 6 | Prep time 30 minutes | Cooking time 15 minutes
Chicken Recipes | Meat Eatrers | Easy Recipes | Serves 4-6 | Takes 2 ½ hours